Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Adobe Community

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search
Hot search: 活动 交友 discuz
123Next
Return to list New
View: 297|Reply: 22

Changing brush size shortcuts(Ctrl+alt +second click and drag)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Founding

Credits
Post time 2017-3-4 06:35:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello, is where any way to change brush size/hardness shortcut (CTRL + ATL + second mouse button drag) to something else? It is extremely uncomfortable while using a graphic tablet. Sadly can't find anything similar in Keyboard shortcut menu.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

High-Grade

Credits
Post time 2017-3-4 06:59:00 | Show all posts
Can you not just use :

[   ]  to decrease/increase size
{  }  to decrease /increase brush hardness

Dave
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

High-Grade

Credits
Post time 2017-3-4 07:05:00 | Show all posts
Well, it is biggest let down in humans history. Using [   ]  or {  }  is not intuitive and slow, it greatly disrupts my workflow. Let's hope I can find a way to bypass this using some sort of macro/script if not I would have to give up on using photoshop.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

High-Grade

Credits
Post time 2018-3-4 06:56:00 | Show all posts
Well, it is biggest let down in humans history.Really?

In addition to changing the brush size by typing/dragging in the brushes panel, you have two different shortcuts styles to pick from:
  • Ctrl + Opt + drag left/right (Mac) -or- Alt + Right Mouse button + drag left/right (Windows)
  • [ ]
    These options have kept both me and my Photoshop students happy for 25 years. I'm very curious to learn what you think would be better? If you have come up with an awesome idea for brush size changing, why don't you let Adobe know?
    Photoshop Family Customer Community

~~~~~~~~~~
    Posted edited by Barb on 03.04.18 to correct the shortcuts shown in first bullet.
  • Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

High-Grade

Credits
    Post time 2017-3-4 08:26:00 | Show all posts
    Really. Ctrl + Alt + drag would be great but it is Ctrl + Alt + "CLICK" and drag. Then I holding and moving my stylus the last thing I want to be pressing buttons on it all the time. What would be better? Well like I mentioned for me just pressing "Ctrl + Alt + drag"(no second mouse button involved ) Corel painter have a system like this and it works wonderfully. I search about this issue quite a bit even before posting on this forum and it is not me alone who find it extremely uncomfortable. And it seems it was already mentioned to adobe staff quite a few times. I like to mention it is not like I am trying to trash photoshop by my replay, I really want to get this working for me. And I also know plenty of people like you who are fine with a current shortcut, but like you said photoshop is active for more than 25 years and is leading software in many fields it seems to be natural to expect they implement full customization system, why limit it to few tools?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
    Post time 2017-3-4 08:29:00 | Show all posts
    Corel painter have a system like this and it works wonderfully.
    That is something concrete that you can pass on to Adobe via the link I gave you above. When lots of people request a specific feature, it increases the likelihood that Adobe will consider adding it to a future version.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
    Post time 2017-11-7 02:36:00 | Show all posts
    I changed the brush resize shortcut keys from '[ ]" to 'z' and 'x'. That way the keys I use most often are at my left hand and I dont' have to look at the keyboard when I am working.  This  removes the shortcut from 'zoom' and 'backround\foreground colour' but I can live with that. I use 'a' instead for 'background\foreground' (and 'd' to go to the default black and white) and never used 'z' and the zoom tool to zoom anyway ('alt/cmd/space') is much easier.   I also use the 'alt cmd' to drag the brush size for large brushes but find it is too inaccurate for precise brushes.   I find it is harder to teach people keyboard shortcuts that don't have some relationship between the key used and the result ('b' for 'brush' or 'e' for 'eraser' for example) and I think that is why these shorcut defaults survive. You don't have to stick with the set P'shop gives you - change it to what is convenient to your workflow.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
    Post time 2018-3-3 09:59:00 | Show all posts

In addition to changing the brush size by typing/dragging in the brushes panel, you have two different shortcuts styles to pick from:
  • Ctrl + Alt + drag
  • [ ]
    BarbBinder
    How do I set up the CTRL + ALT + DRAG?
    If I do that, then it duplicates the layer I'm using...
    I would really love to use just just "ctrl alt drag" instead of my current CTRL + ALT + RIGHT CLICK + DRAG
  • Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

High-Grade

Credits
    Post time 2018-3-4 06:53:00 | Show all posts
    Hi Paula:

My apologies. That was a mistake. On a Mac it's Control + Option + drag left/right in order to decrease/ increase brush size. On Windows, it's Alt + Right Mouse + drag left/right to decrease/ increase brush size. (I'm a Mac user and should have checked the Windows shortcut before posting it.)

~Barb

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
    Post time 2018-3-4 07:16:00 | Show all posts
    Ooooh I see!
    It would be perfect if I could set up the same shortcut for windows...  cause Clip Studio Paint that I always used for ilustrations use the same logic, and I feel its way more intuitive.
    Is there a way to set up to Left Mouse instead of Right Mouse?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Points Rules

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Adobe Community  

2019-6-19 12:07 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.090178 second(s), 21 queries .