Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

Adobe Community

Forgot password?
 立即注册
Search
Hot search: 活动 交友 discuz
View: 104|Reply: 1

How C5an One Get a clean UNinstall and then a clean REINSTALL of PSE 1

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2018-8-4 04:52:00 | Show all posts |Read mode
How One Get a Clean Uninstall and then a Clean Reinstall?

All below is about PSE 15. And a laptop with 16gm of RAM and plenty of free space (ie. 82% Free Space, 751 GB Free – 168 BG Used).

I have recently installed and uninstalled PSE 15 about 4 times over the last two days.

Why?  The eternal blue circle of a cursor, which typically last up to 40 seconds, when I make commands (FILE, EDIT, VIEW, and the commands off of those).  I often see this message:  “Do you want Windows to Shut Down Elements are do you want to wait?”

It seems like parts of Catalogs are left-over after NEW installs.  Even if I tell Revo Pro Installer to uninstall PSE in the most aggressive fashion (which I have been doing on the reinstalls over the last 48 hours).

I have the pics that I have been importing into PSE into one folder on an EX HD.  It has 23,000 items in it. Once, it successfully imported all of those into PSE 15.  I was thrilled.  I was putting them into stacks.  I had spent about 4 straight hours doing so . . . when I was 80% done and it CRASHED.  I lost everything.

So, I once again – uninstalled PSE 15 and reinstalled it.  Then I told it to get the media out of the above mentioned folder.

Once it was done with that, it told me that 22,500 did not import because they are not supported OR where already in the catalog.  Only about 10 had the corrupt or ‘not supported’ message .. . . all the rest, over 22,500 stated that they were already in the catalog. I sure cannot find them. All Media Browser was showing me was about 270 pics.

When I switch to PEOPLE – it shows MANY (IE. 30 to 40 people some with up to a thousand pics by their name) YET . . . media view jut shows the 270 views.

So, I reinstalled yet again and tried the same.  BUT, I can only see 270 items (after I imported)  in my Media Browser.  And once in Media Browser – the ‘Grid’ icon is frequently NOT THERE.  It comes . . . .it gone.

Once with whooping ‘Media View’ of 270 pics.  I decided to ctl plus All and delete 40 items.  It deleted only TWO.  And the two it deleted where PSD pics/rather than jpgs.  After the ‘deletion’ I got a message I have not seen before:  “One or More files in the selection are read only or locked and could not be
deleted from the hard drive.”  What the heck does that mean?               

The PEOPLE tab is the strangest.  I show a pic of a person I know.  It noted that it had 1,600 pics of the person.  I clicked on the pics.  They popped up on the media browser for about 30 seconds . . . .then disappeared.

Finally, I have about 30 folders in my left hand pane. No matter once one I click on, it still just pulls up ONE person.  The same person.  I know that some of these folders have over 500 pics.  Things are just a mess.  I don’t know what to do.  I thought a clean Reinstall would fix all this random nonsense.

I navigated to my catalog.  It showed me that I had 27,720 json files in the Face Detection . . . so that gave me hope . . . but I can’t find stuff as I have been able to do with the past.  And, and new install offers little hope because I have already tried that several times over the last two days.
I have 590 people in the Face Dectection Area.  That is amazing considering the Media Browser only shows me a TOTAL of about 250 pics?

How come I don’t have about 22,000 pictures to view in my media browser?  Can I get them back, if so how?
Sorry for the random nature of this post . . . but that is what PSE 15 is now for me.  And yes, I tried repairing my Catalog.  It found no problems.  I optimized it.  No help.
Please help.  I am about to give up.  Thanks,

Dean

Here is my SYSTEM INFO (via the Help Menu)

Elements Organizer 15.0.0.0
Core Version: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)
Language Version: 15.0 (20160905.m.97630)

Current Catalog:
Catalog Name: Aug2018
Catalog Location: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Elements Organizer\Catalogs\Aug2018\
Catalog Size: 155.6MB
Catalog Cache Size: 1.5GB

System:
Operating System Name: Windows 10
Operating System Version: 10.0
System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:14 Stepping:9 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2
Built-in Memory: 15.9GB
Free Memory: 11.5GB

PS:  Some screenshots coming up next to help explain what I have wrote here.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2018-8-4 05:16:00 | Show all posts
Some screenshots to go with my above posts regarding my nightmare with PSE 15 -- note all the jsons ---- compare them with how few pics are in my Media view:

Lastly, look at all my Face Detections that DO NOT WORK as describe in my first post:

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | 立即注册

Points Rules

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|Adobe Community  

2019-7-17 03:23 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086777 second(s), 21 queries .